it’s 86 degrees F today… who wants the oven on? this recipe never fails to yield happy eaters. Asa, who normally disses eggs, cheese and anything green, devoured this passionately. Not only do the flavors infuse with the slow cooking, you just set it and go about your day until its done.
|Slow Cooker Egg Soufflé|
- cubed white bread (baguette or ciabatta), crust removed, enough to fill a layer of slow cooker OR 4 tbsp of breadcrumbs.
- 3 cups of shredded cheese (i like to mix parrano, sharp cheddar & gruyere)
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 to 1.5 cups whole milk
- spinach or broccoli, finely chopped
- black forest ham
- red pepper, finely diced
- grease crockpot well (1-2 tbsp of additional melted butter)
- beat eggs and milk. mix in chopped spinach or broccoli.
- layer as follows: 1/2 of cheese and 1/2 of butter; bread; ham; red pepper
- pour egg and milk mixture over ingredients evenly
- add remaining cheese & butter
- sprinkle with paprika
- cover and cook on low for approximately 5h or high for 2.5h (this depends on how hot your slow cooker gets)
- let it sit uncovered for 5 minutes so moisture evaporates.
- serve and enjoy!