i love chinese steamed buns, and savoury fillings that go with it. here, an extremely low maintenance but delicious pairing. perfect for appetizers and lazy Sundays.
|Slow Cooker “Pulled” Chinese BBQ Chicken||
Recipe Type: appetizer, main
- 2-3 lbs chicken
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 large piece fresh ginger, about 2 1/2 inches long
- 8-12 oz hoisin sauce
- add chilli paste (if you like it spicy)
- Rub chicken with soy sauce and pepper, marinade for 20-30 minutes.
- Put chicken in the slow cooker.
- Add smashed garlic cloves, tucking them around the chicken.
- Peel and grate the ginger and put it in too.
- Pour the hoisin sauce over everything.
- Cover and cook on low for about 10 hours or high for 5 hours.
- When finished and tender, use two large forks to shred the meat and mix it with the sauce.
- Serve with sweet chinese steamed buns and sriracha (add cucumbers and scallions if desired).