a very good friend of mine just had a baby, and i wanted to make her breakfast PLUS extra so she could freeze them and heat them up as needed / so mini souffle-like quiches came to mind, spinach for iron, red bell pepper for color and vitamin C. plus, doesn’t everything look better in minature form?
|Mini spinach soufflé quiche|
- 8 eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tbsp whole grain fine breadcrumbs
- 10 oz spinach, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- handful of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- handful of finely grated parrano cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Generously oil or butter muffin tin (so your mini quiches come out)
- Whisk eggs, milk and fine breadcrumbs together. Stir in spinach, salt and pepper.
- Add generous pinch of shredded cheddar cheese at bottom of muffin cup to create a “crust”.
- Fill cups gently with egg-spinach mixture.
- Add pinch of red bell pepper to each cup.
- Generously sprinkle parrano cheese, add dash of paprika to each cup.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of mini quiche comes out clean.
- Serve immediately!