this AMAZING butter cookie recipe is from a dear friend of mine (Kristina) and her home country.
Recipe type: dessert
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup unsalted butter (beat until foamy)
- 1/2 whole vanilla bean
- Preheat oven to 347 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix dry ingredients,then quickly knead into a dough.
- Shape dough into logs and cut off 1/2 inch pieces. Shape to round, and place on a non-stick paper lined cookie sheet. (here i used cookie cutter, just for fancy’s sake)
- Bake approximately 20 minutes.
- Cool 1 minute and carefully roll in vanilla sugar. (To make vanilla sugar, blend 1/2 vanilla bean with 1 cup of sugar, sieve).